Knowledge can be the key to a speedier home sale. Learn how a CENTURY 21 professional can help you market your home for the quickest sale with the best price possible.
Maximizing Curb Appeal
Before potential buyers even see what the home has to offer, they view its exterior. As a result, an unkempt or unattractive view of the outside of the home could potentially result in a missed opportunity. To show the house in its best light, consider the following:
1. Move all materials, including garbage cans and gardening supplies, from the front yard and into a garage or shed
2. Mow the lawn and weed and maintain all planted areas
3. Replace any outdoor light bulbs that are not working
4. Sweep walkways and steps, and remove all small items from the porch or patio
5. Replace worn or badly stained door mats
Inside the House
Once a potential buyer enters the home, they need to determine if it will meet their needs and expectations. Give them the best view of the home's interior by following these steps:
1. Remove the home of any clutter by limiting decorative objects and clearing all unnecessary appliances from the kitchen countertops
2. Rearrange or remove furniture to highlight the space in a room
3. Review each room and clean or vacuum if necessary
Although real estate professionals use a number of mediums to advertise locally, newspaper advertising remains a popular choice. To make newspaper advertising work for you, keep these guidelines in mind:
1. All newspaper advertising must do the following - describe the property, attract attention, arouse interest, and give a call to action.
2. Organize the facts from the reader's point of view
3. Highlight the property's biggest advantages and benefits
4. Be concise
5. Tell the truth - misleading advertising is both illegal and unethical
6. Exercise caution - keep in mind words you may and may not use, as determined by the Fair Housing Advertising Word and Phrase List
Real estate videos are an essential part of marketing a property. Video tours quickly capture the attention of prospective buyers and take the marketing of your properties to the next level. Over 80% of home buyers start their search online and say that photos and online tours are the most important features in their search.